IXL Insights – Coming Soon

October 11, 2012

IXL Insights

With thousands of math skills and unlimited questions for pre-K to geometry, IXL is the most comprehensive review site on the Web.  But that’s just the beginning!

We are constantly working to create more content for our users, including more advanced math topics like algebra 2, trigonometry, pre-calculus, calculus, and statistics, and even brand new subjects like language arts.  You can expect the same great IXL features—dynamic questions, detailed progress reports, and a practice environment that makes learning fun—but with even more to love!

To learn about our newest additions to IXL, sign up on our Coming Soon page.  You’ll receive an e-mail notification the minute your course is ready, so you can be among the first to check out our exciting new content.  With IXL, the sky’s the limit!

LIAM October 12, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I LOVE HAVING NEW GRADES TO PRACTICE

Sabira Shahinur October 15, 2012 at 12:57 am

i love having new grades to practice

Anna October 23, 2012 at 3:30 pm

I would love to have pre calculus!

The IXL Blog October 23, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Hi, Anna! If you’d like to be notified when pre-calculus is available, you can sign up here: http://www.ixl.com/math/comingsoon.

David October 24, 2012 at 2:00 pm

When is language art coming out on ixl?

The IXL Blog October 29, 2012 at 11:41 am

Hi, David. Our engineers are still hard at work on language arts, to make it the very best it can be! It will be available next year, so keep an eye out!

Aishwarya October 28, 2012 at 11:33 am

Hi,
I would love to have other subjects in ixl other than math such as language arts
But, are they like 2 or 3 week courses or just like the math that is available currently if it is like what we can currently access then I am very interested

The IXL Blog October 29, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Hi, Aishwarya! Language arts will be available on IXL next year. The format will be similar to what is currently available for math. You can sign up here to be notified as soon as language arts is ready: http://www.ixl.com/math/comingsoon.

gabby November 4, 2012 at 1:16 pm

What does IXL stand for moi would love yo know -Merci!!

ken April 18, 2013 at 9:00 am

ixl = I excel

Theresa November 18, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Hi I am in sixth grade and gonna be seventh grade on September 2013. I just turned 12 in November 17th and when does algebra 2 come out???

The IXL Blog November 19, 2012 at 11:25 am

Hi, Theresa. Algebra 2 will be available next year.

Faith December 12, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Hi! I’m an 8th grader and I was wondering when your Language Arts unit will be coming out.

The IXL Blog December 13, 2012 at 8:48 am

Hi, Faith! Language arts will be ready next year.

Ashley December 25, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Hi I was just turned 14 about 3 months ago and was in 7th grade last year and now I’m in 8th grade and I’m starting to learn on creating triple line graphs now and I can’t wait for algebra 2. :P

diamy December 26, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Can we use our old IXL info(username and password)for Languege Arts or do our teachers have to give us new ones?

The IXL Blog December 27, 2012 at 10:22 am

Hello! If your school subscribes to both programs, you will have just one username and password for both.

Sal February 11, 2013 at 11:30 am

Is the Language Arts program coming out this year? Any idea what month? What are the grades that will be available this year? I have a children K-4 and am really looking forward to it. I love IXL math :)

The IXL Blog February 11, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Hi, Sal. We’re so glad to hear you love IXL math! We plan to release language arts next school year, likely starting with grades 2-4. If you’d like to receive all the details when it’s ready, you’re welcome to sign up here: http://www.ixl.com/math/comingsoon.

Nya March 21, 2013 at 12:26 pm

I think you should add games, that would be awesome!

The IXL Blog March 22, 2013 at 10:07 am

Hi, Nya. Thanks for your feedback. IXL was created to provide a focused learning environment that’s free from distractions, but we still want to make sure kids have fun! The bright colors, life-like images, and interactive problems we provide are designed to make it feel like you’re playing a game, even though you’re really practicing math!

Frustrated Family April 8, 2013 at 1:18 pm

My son & I have been waiting for over 6 months for more info on IXL’s Language Arts program & was incredibly disappointed to just read that it will only be for grades 2-4?! While I realized it would not be ready until next year, I never thought it would be such an incredibly limited offering! Now not only do I have to find a different source for ELA but I have to disappoint my son who loved IXL math. I really wish IXL had been more forthcoming about their intentions ~ we’ve never even gotten any email updates :-(

The IXL Blog April 9, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Hi, there. We’re so sorry to hear about your disappointment. While we are starting with just a few grades at first, we do plan to expand language arts to other grades in the future. If you’d like to receive e-mail notifications about language arts, you can sign up here: http://www.ixl.com/math/comingsoon. For further questions, feel free to contact us at info@ixl.com.

Frustrated Family May 6, 2013 at 4:03 pm

My apologies for not being clear in the previous post ~ we had already signed up for email updates but never received anything which was a major part of the frustration. It’s was somewhat annoying but understandable to only be able to find ads where IXL was hiring when searching for more news about the vague “coming soon” but I don’t get why the option to sign up email updates if not going to follow through?

Frustrated Family May 6, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Aaargh, why can’t we edit posts? Lol, guess my previous post shows why my son needs a program for ELA – but in fairness, I’m writing from my phone ;-)

The IXL Blog May 7, 2013 at 11:57 am

Hi! Thank you for clarifying, and we do apologize if we were unclear about the e-mail notification. Once the product is ready, the notification is sent to inform you that it is available on IXL. As far as a current update for language arts goes, we plan to start with a limited release of grades 2-4 in the fall, as mentioned, and then expand from there. The program will cover spelling, grammar, and vocabulary. We appreciate your patience and your support of IXL math, and we’re working hard to make IXL language arts the very best it can be!

Cheryl April 24, 2013 at 4:21 pm

It sounds like it will not be ready for kids to use over the summer during June, July and August of 2013.

The IXL Blog April 26, 2013 at 11:17 am

Hi, Cheryl. I’m afraid not. As you might have seen above, we’d be happy to send you an e-mail notification as soon as language arts is ready; you can sign up here: http://www.ixl.com/math/comingsoon.

Tomy June 5, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Hi, I have three kids who love IXL math. Would IXL Language Arts be included as part of the current pricing program or offered as a standalone offering? Thanks.

The IXL Blog June 7, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Hi, Tomy. We’re happy to hear that your kids love IXL math! It will be an additional cost to subscribe to IXL language arts. At this time we do not have the details on pricing to release, but we’ll be happy to provide more information closer to the release date.

David June 6, 2013 at 10:03 am

I would like to know when pre algebra will be available!

The IXL Blog June 7, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Hi, David! Pre-algebra is currently available on IXL under 8th grade skills.

Bob June 10, 2013 at 9:29 am

Will language arts be released in October 2013??

The IXL Blog June 12, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Hi, Bob. We don’t have an exact date yet, but we do plan to release language arts in the fall.

Amita July 8, 2013 at 12:23 am

When will ixl come out with calculus because I have been wanting to get a better understanding of it and ixl explains concepts very well. Also, do you know when will ixl come out with 8th grade language arts?

The IXL Blog July 8, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Hi, Amita! We’re so glad to hear that our question-specific explanations are helpful for you. In regards to advanced math topics, we’re currently hard at work on algebra 2. We don’t have a specific date set for calculus, but it will likely be sometime during the 2014-2015 school year. As for language arts, we plan to release it for grades 2-4 this fall and will be expanding to other grade levels from there. If you’d like to be notified as soon as calculus and language arts are ready, feel free to sign up here: http://www.ixl.com/math/comingsoon.

Donna July 29, 2013 at 10:53 am

Any date for the release of the ELA portion? We are very anxious for it.

The IXL Blog July 30, 2013 at 10:14 am

Hi, Donna. We don’t have an exact date yet, but we do plan to release language arts in the fall. If you’d like to be notified as soon as language arts is ready, feel free to sign up at http://www.ixl.com/math/comingsoon.

ELA Teacher September 13, 2013 at 9:49 am

Hi,

Just saw that you had ELA for grades 2 – 4 posted. Any idea on when 5 -8th will come out? I have already signed up for email notification but was wondering if it would come out before the end of the year?

The IXL Blog September 13, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Hi, there. I’m afraid we don’t have exact dates yet, but we hope to release grades 5-8 within the next calendar year. We’ll be sure to keep users updated as we get more information!

Abby February 4, 2014 at 3:09 pm

When will IXL Language Arts be available at the 7th grade level? Thanks!

The IXL Blog February 5, 2014 at 9:12 am

Hi, Abby. Our engineers are currently hard at work on adding more language arts levels. We hope to have all the way up through 8th grade by the end of the year. If you would like to be notified when it is available, you can sign up here: http://www.ixl.com/comingsoon.

Shameem June 24, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Hi i am in 9th grade i want to know when calculus on ixl will be released

The IXL Blog June 25, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Hi, Shameem. We will be releasing Pre-calculus first in this coming Fall and Calculus after that. You can sign up here and we will let you know as soon as Calculus will be available on IXL!

Pana July 29, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Hi. I would like to know if your going to put science. Thats my favorite subject. I also don’t like math. So please create a science. My mom forces me to use this website.

The IXL Blog July 30, 2014 at 10:11 am

Hi, Pana. We do plan on adding science in the future, so keep an eye out!

Ganda August 15, 2014 at 5:30 am

Hi, I’m also curious about the science portion. When are you guys planning to make one? I’m excited! :) I’m taking physics this year, and i just really cant wait. Oh, and i love IXL math and the language arts as well. :) Science <3

The IXL Blog August 15, 2014 at 9:37 am

Hi, Ganda. We don’t have a set release date yet for IXL Science, but our development team is hard at work on the subject! We will definitely post more information when the release date is closer. Keep an eye out!