Parents, don’t let Halloween sneak up on you…Avoid the last-minute costume panic and start planning ahead now with these helpful resources!
1. It’s All About the Outfit – What is Halloween all about, if not finding the perfect costume? Spoonful.com offers a wide selection of costumes ideas for girls and boy, from silly to spooky.
2. To Wear or Not to Wear? – It’s safe to say that many of the costumes marketed to young women today aren’t exactly parent-approved. Are they cause for concern, or something to simply put up with for one night a year? This article from Huffington Post explores both sides of the issue.
3. Skip the Sugar Rush – Do your kids bring Halloween candy home by the pillowcase? Avoid the negative effects of too much sugar with these smart tips from FeedingtheKids.com (It’s easier than you’d think!)
4. Treats Without the Tricks – For children who want to take part in Halloween without all the scare, these movies are just right. The list from FamilyEducation.com includes favorites such as Monsters, Inc., Casper, and The Nightmare Before Christmas.
5. Spooky Fun for the Whole Family – Trick-or-treating is a fun tradition, but why not start a new one this year? Plan a frightful dinner (spaghetti brains, anyone?), tell ghost stories in front of the fireplace, have a Halloween fashion show, and more with these ideas from SheKnows.
What are you and your family doing for Halloween this year?