IXL Insights – Free Daily Practice

October 15, 2013

IXL Insights

Are you looking for some quick math and language arts review? Would you like to demonstrate a concept on the electronic white board with your students? Are you curious about the variety of question types IXL provides? Take advantage of our free practice problems!

For anyone who wishes to get a taste of what IXL offers, we’re happy to provide 20 free problems per subject, per day on IXL. See how our SmartScore works and watch as questions adapt based on your responses, becoming easier if you get stuck on a skill and harder as you excel. You can even switch from one topic or grade level to another.

To start, simply go to www.ixl.com and pick a skill!

Beatrice October 16, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Hi IXL,
I’m sending you a message about my child I think your website is great for learning I even heard that because of this website my children have been improving really well and in there report cards I always see something good.

The IXL Blog October 16, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Thanks, Beatrice. We’re very happy to hear that IXL is helping your children improve!

duclink October 18, 2013 at 7:27 am

your website is cool

very awesome October 20, 2013 at 8:17 am

I practice ixl almost everyday.

ps:its awesome!

Devin Cooke October 24, 2013 at 2:49 pm

look at this
the runner of this messed up
Your question told me to round to the nearest whole number for the first one
the number was this 64 458/781 x 183
The second one said to round to the nearest hundred.
what do you think the answer is?

Devin Cooke October 24, 2013 at 2:50 pm

The answer is 14000 they say it is 12000

The IXL Blog October 28, 2013 at 10:56 am

Hi, Devin. If you think you’ve experienced a technical error on IXL, you’re welcome to contact our technical support team at help@ixl.com. They would be glad to look into this for you!

ranjit kumar November 21, 2013 at 9:07 am

awsome

wayne December 11, 2013 at 10:06 am

it is good

ahmed December 2, 2013 at 10:57 am

my name is ahmed omar I m teacher thank u for everything

Lola December 4, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Anyone here

The IXL Blog December 5, 2013 at 9:11 am

Hi, Lola. Did you have a question about IXL?

Ebrahim December 5, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Thank you for everything in IXL.

Noah Earley December 11, 2013 at 11:32 am

ixl is awsome

Noah Earley December 11, 2013 at 11:33 am

when i tell someone about it the next time i see them (or they see me)
they say its awesome!!!

Bernardita Torrente January 5, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Anyone can help, where can i find the information that says there’s a time limit when practicing!

The IXL Blog January 6, 2014 at 10:56 am

Hi, Bernardita. Were you asking about how to hide the timer? If you are a parent or teacher, you can do this by clicking on your username in the top right hand corner and selecting “Profile and Settings.” Then scroll down and check the box next to “Hide timer” and hit “Submit.”

Teagan January 8, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I’m very sorry I like ixl but, is it really necessary to take off seven points or more when you get the question wrong? It gets highly frustrating when you do this and it discourages me please fix it.

The IXL Blog January 9, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Hi, Teagan. We’re very sorry to hear you’re feeling discouraged. Your SmartScore is adjusted when you miss a question in order to bring you to a level where you can better understand the topic. This allows you to review the basics of the concept before having to tackle the harder stuff! The idea is that when you reach 100, you can be sure you truly understand the skill. If you are having trouble with a specific topic, we recommend you speak to your teacher or parents about it.

Teagan January 10, 2014 at 5:29 am

I have talked to my parents and they agree. I understand the scoring but I don’t understand why you people have to take off so many points. I spent the other night 3 hours doing an ixl because you kept taking off so many points. Why can’t you take off like three points or 5 points not seven. It is still discouraging.

Teagan January 10, 2014 at 5:33 am

I spent three hours on the ixl trying to get to the hundred on a topic I DID understand. I understand you logic but cant you try to lower the amount of points you take off?

The IXL Blog January 10, 2014 at 9:56 am

Hi, Teagan. It is up to your teacher or parents exactly what score you need to reach before you are finished practicing. We generally say that 90 is very good and 100 is excellent. If you’re struggling with a particular skill, or feel like a certain SmartScore takes too long to achieve, we recommend that you speak to your teacher or parents so they can help!

ixl's best frend January 22, 2014 at 3:15 pm

i love ixl :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it even is my best frend.
I am done with X im good at it now it has helped alot i hope you like it to:D
but i dont like the hold back :(
and it takes me an hour to do 2 :(

The IXL Blog January 23, 2014 at 9:55 am

Hi there. We’re so glad to hear that you’re enjoying IXL and that it has made a difference for you! If you’re struggling with a particular skill, or feel like a certain SmartScore takes too long to achieve, we recommend that you speak to your teacher so he or she can help.

Delia January 30, 2014 at 9:55 am

I want to encrease my daughters potential so I hope this website will help her

The IXL Blog January 31, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Hi, Delia. A strong knowledge of math and writing skills is certainly an important foundation for success in future endeavors. We can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the program!

ella February 4, 2014 at 8:48 am

i hope my little brother learns off this website . well so far it is helping him count money and adding.

The IXL Blog February 4, 2014 at 9:04 am

That’s great, Ella. We’re so glad to hear that IXL is making a difference for your little brother!

ixl's best frend February 5, 2014 at 3:18 pm

hi ixl blog just finished my 9′s in x so im so so so so happy thanks ixl :)

The IXL Blog February 5, 2014 at 3:42 pm

That’s great! Keep up the hard work.

Lindsi February 7, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I love your website! I wish I could do more problems for free… But I understand why I can’t! You’ve gotta make money somehow!

But anyways, I know that you have a program for the iPad… Will there ever be one for the iPhone? I’m with my phone much more than my computer, and really that’s the only reason I didn’t buy a subscription.

If you are working on it… I can’t wait!
If not… Please consider it! It would help so many people be able to practice their skills!

The IXL Blog February 10, 2014 at 9:51 am

Hi, Lindsi. We’re so glad to hear that you’re enjoying IXL! Currently, our mobile team is focusing on building our app for Android, so the best way to access IXL on your iPhone is by simply visiting the site with a web browser, like Safari. We will certainly pass your comments about the importance of an iPhone app on to our development team. Thanks for taking the time to let us know your thoughts!

ixl's best friend February 11, 2014 at 5:33 pm

ixl you are makeing me smarter then ever im at the top of my game you are the best teaching website I have ever found from ixl’s best friend

The IXL Blog February 14, 2014 at 8:13 am

We’re so glad to hear that IXL is making a difference for you!

Alex February 26, 2014 at 8:37 am

I DO NOT get this QUESTION on YOUR SITE Blanca’s research team collected buckets of sand and weighed each bucket. The first two buckets weighed 2.28 kilograms and 9.84 kilograms. The third bucket weighed 3.26 kilograms. How much sand did Blanca’s research team weigh in all?

The IXL Blog February 26, 2014 at 9:56 am

Hi, Alex. If you are having trouble with a particular question or skill, we recommend you ask your teacher or parents for help. You can also use the explanations that follow each incorrect answer to help you learn how to answer the question correctly the next time!

Alex March 9, 2014 at 9:23 am

IXL is awesome! Ixl thanks for answering my question.

arjun March 10, 2014 at 4:25 pm

how can i put my comments on the page that supports ixl?

The IXL Blog March 10, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Hi, Arjun. Were you looking for IXL technical support? If you are experiencing a technical issue with IXL, please fill out the form here: http://www.ixl.com/help. Our tech support team is happy to help!

antonio lopez May 5, 2014 at 7:09 am

Ixl is the BEST ixl i ever been on and it is the BEST Web.I LOVE IXL so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!