IXL Has a Brand New Look!

September 1, 2017

In the Classroom, For Admins

A new school year, a new look! We’ve redesigned the navigation of the IXL website to better reflect everything that IXL has to offer. Read on for the details of our new and improved navigation.

IXL offers a comprehensive curriculum and powerful tools for learners and teachers, and we want to make it easy to discover everything that’s available. The new navigation showcases the three main categories of IXL: Learning, Analytics, and Inspiration.

Learning

Learning is where students will spend most of their time on IXL. Here, they can access their Recommendations wall, answer questions in the Diagnostic, practice skills in all four subjects, and see their awards.

Analytics

Analytics is where teachers can get real-time insight into their students’ performance. They can find all of the nine reports that are part of IXL Analytics, as well as access the Diagnostic overview and strand analyses. For students, this is where they can check their own Analytics reports.

Inspiration

Inspiration allows teachers to see how fellow educators have successfully used IXL, view our Professional Learning Services offerings, and discover other useful resources like printable materials, upcoming and archived webinars, textbook alignments, and more.

FAQs

Where do I find my roster?

Once you’re signed in, click the arrow next to your name in the upper-right corner to open the account menu. From the account menu drop-down, select “Roster.”

Where do I update my membership information?

Once you’re signed in, click the arrow next to your name in the upper-right corner to open the account menu. From the account menu, select “Subscription details.”

Where are the standards alignments?

The standards alignments are located under Learning.

How do students get to the Diagnostic? It’s not under Analytics like it is on my teacher account.

Students will click on Learning and then on Diagnostic to view their Diagnostic levels and enter the Diagnostic arena to answer questions.

Has the IXL Diagnostic been integrated into IXL Analytics?

No, IXL Analytics and IXL Diagnostic are still distinct features. Analytics is where teachers can find all of their student data—the Diagnostic overview and Diagnostic strand analyses, as well as reports from IXL Analytics—but none of these reports have changed.

How does this redesign affect what administrators see?

Administrators will view Learning and Inspiration in the same way that teachers do. Instead of Analytics, they’ll see Reports, where they can access their administrator reports. When administrators sign in, they’ll be directed to Account management, where they’ll see their master roster.

How does this redesign affect international editions?

International editions will also have the new navigation. However, Inspiration will only be available to users in the U.S. and Canada editions.

Did you change/add/remove any features as part of this redesign?

Nope! All of the IXL features and functionality we offer are still available—we’ve just changed how you navigate to them!

What do you think of our new look? Let us know in the comments!

mohammed September 2, 2017 at 4:54 am

that is the coolest ixl ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zavanella Lara September 2, 2017 at 5:00 am

I want to cancel my family membership I do not want to renew math and take time to think about english.
many thanks

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 11:34 am

Hi Zavanella–You can cancel your membership anytime. Sign in to your IXL account and select your parent profile. Open your account menu in the upper-right corner, and select Membership details. Click “cancel membership,” then click submit. If you need any help with this process or have any questions about your account, contact us anytime at support@ixl.com.

Twinkle Toes September 2, 2017 at 6:41 am

Really distinctive and reliable. I feel that ixl is better than ever!

Leigh Ann September 2, 2017 at 10:26 am

I have had a few students changed from one class to another. How can I get them into the correct class.

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 11:34 am

Hi Leigh Ann, We’d be happy to help with any roster questions you may have–just contact us at help@ixl.com.

Todd Parks September 2, 2017 at 11:48 am

I’m usually not negative, and I think the changes that were made are fine, but the real difference maker that IXL engineers should spend their time on is figuring out the algorithm to create mixed practice for students based on selected targets by teachers.
Having the same type questions given to students is fine for initial skill practice, but high stakes tests will mix standards into their questions and the tests are definitely not all about one target.
SPIRAL PRACTICE needs to be the feature that is #1 on IXL’s list if they are going to stay relevant in the future, and I believe any good math teacher will agree with me that this would be at the top of their list of requests as well.
My vision is as a teacher I log into IXL, pick any number of topics from various grade levels to create a mixed practice assignment for my students, and then assign that practice to my students under a specific title. This is your game-changer for your company, and my belief is that subscriptions would increase exponentially if this feature was available.

Last, I’d like IXL to look at the state tests across the country (NY for me) and start to mimic the types of language, format, difficulty, and intertwined standard based questions that students see.

Thanks for listening and I’m open to any criticism, comments, or dialogue about how to make IXL better. I brought IXL to my entire district over half a decade ago, I’ve held training sessions about it for teachers and I’m an avid user. I just thought there would be more progress from an innovative company at this point.

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 2:22 pm

Hi Todd–We’re happy to hear you’re an avid IXL user and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We’ll pass your feedback along to our development team, but you’re also welcome to fill out this survey about your IXL experience and suggestions: https://www.ixl.com/feedback

Michele Landskron September 5, 2017 at 2:56 pm

I agree with todd in many ways. Adding the same language or multiple different words so kids learn various ways questions are asked is important. Spiral practice of mixed skills is important. Our textbook this year had very little spiral practice and we are considering having to write one for our new book.

The IXL Team September 6, 2017 at 10:39 am

Hi Michele–Thanks for the feedback. We’re always working to improve IXL and make it the best learning experience it can be. Our aim is for IXL to be compatible with a variety of classroom models, including spiral teaching. We’ll let our development team know that this is particularly important to you.

Tanya Helm September 3, 2017 at 6:46 am

A student’s email address is incorrect on my class roster. This is an uneditable field. How do I correct this error?

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 1:37 pm

Hi Tanya–If you contact us at help@ixl.com, we’d be happy to help!

Pat Richard September 3, 2017 at 8:40 am

How do I set up a class

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 11:35 am

Hi Pat–Our Quick Start guides offer an illustrated step-by-step explanation on how to set up your roster or a class. If you’re on a classroom license, check out: https://www.ixl.com/userguides/IXLQuickStart_Roster.pdf. If you’re on a site license, see: https://www.ixl.com/userguides/IXLQuickStart_SiteRoster.pdf. And if you have any other questions about your roster, you can contact us anytime at help@ixl.com.

Courtney September 3, 2017 at 9:50 am

How do I clear the data from the previous year? My roster is still showing data for standards my students have not worked on this year.

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 2:22 pm

Hi Courtney–We’d be happy to look into this for you. Contact help@ixl.com so we can make sure your roster is up to date.

Rhonda Mendoza September 3, 2017 at 2:39 pm

I’m trying to cancel my 30 day teacher membership trial. I can’t seem to find it . I see my name is the upper corner and i tab on profile and settings, but its not there. I’m already a individual member in which i pay a monthly fee. I wanted to try the teacher version, but it’s not what I need. Please tell me how to cancel before I’m charged. Thank you

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Hi Rhonda–When your teacher trial reaches its 30 day limit, it will simply end and you will not be charged for anything. If you have any questions about the trial, you can contact support@ixl.com.

Tiesha Johnson September 3, 2017 at 7:36 pm

My school year started on August 16, and my students had done quite a bit of work. It looks like the year has “restarted” and my students have lost progress. Is there anyway to get back the work they’ve done without having to redo it?
Thanks!

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Hi Tiesha–We definitely want to make sure your students’ progress is up to date! You can contact help@ixl.com and we’ll look into this for you.

Debbie Pitcher September 3, 2017 at 9:47 pm

I mistakenly missed a class when adding classes. Is there some way I can add an additional class?

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Hi Debbie–If you go to your Roster and click on a cell in the “Class” column, a pop-up box should appear. Click to open the drop-down menu, then click “Add a class.” If you encounter difficulty, please contact us at help@ixl.com, so we can get your roster squared away.

Debra Commerford September 4, 2017 at 4:45 pm

My site is telling that my account is inactive, but I do have an account.

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 2:23 pm

Hi Debra–If you contact us at help@ixl.com, we’ll check on the status of your account!

Catie September 4, 2017 at 5:44 pm

I accidentally entered a student’s last name incorrectly. Can I please get it changed?

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 2:24 pm

Hi Catie–If you go to your Roster and click on the cell with the student’s name you wish to change, a pop-up box should appear where you can edit the name. If you’re still having trouble, contact us at help@ixl.com and we’ll help you fix this.

nancy September 4, 2017 at 9:02 pm

how do you delete students?

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Hi Nancy–When you’re looking at your Roster, you can select the X to the far left of a student’s name to remove them. If you’re having difficulty, please contact us at help@ixl.com.

Pam September 5, 2017 at 5:49 am

Good Morning, How do Iadd English Language Arts to my 7th and 8th graders? It cam up automatically for my 6th graders?

Thanks

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Hi Pam–If you contact us at help@ixl.com we’d be happy to help get your students access to the subjects they need.

Ann Matthews September 5, 2017 at 11:37 am

As an administrator for our school account, it would be SO beyond helpful if I could create class rosters. I have asked for this a number of times. We have such a changeable population that it is very difficult to run reports.
Thanks,

The IXL Team September 7, 2017 at 11:30 am

Hi Ann–Someone from our team should have reached out to you about this, but if you have any other questions we’d be happy to help!

Jody Martinez September 5, 2017 at 1:39 pm

Is there a way to access the old reports? Specifically, I am looking for the report that showed the skill, the score, and the number of missed questions and total questions done.

The IXL Team September 5, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Hi Jody–You can find our former reports here: https://www.ixl.com/reports/. If you have any questions about how the current Analytics can best help you and your students, feel free to contact us at support@ixl.com.

emmy September 6, 2017 at 6:50 am

I have given my students skills to practice based on their grade level, but now it is showing up as “levels”, like A, B, C, D, etc. How can I have them change this back?

The IXL Team September 6, 2017 at 10:12 am

Hi Emmy–Sign in to your teacher account, and open your account menu in the upper right corner. Select Profile & settings. Under Settings, uncheck the box for Hide grade levels and click Submit. If you have any trouble with this, we’d be happy to help–just contact us at help@ixl.com.

Hugh Sill September 6, 2017 at 7:43 am

I am a 5th grade teacher at Williams Elementary in Bakersfield, California. I have some students that can’t log in and I have tried everything I know. What do I do now, who can help me.

Hugh Sill

The IXL Team September 6, 2017 at 10:13 am

Hi Hugh–We’re sorry your students have had trouble accessing IXL! If you contact us at help@ixl.com or (855) 255-6676, we’d be happy to help get them signed in.

Susan September 6, 2017 at 1:55 pm

My horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the scores sheet is gone and I don’t have a vertical scroll bar on the actual grid either. I can’t get to my students that don’t show on the screen!!!! HELP!

The IXL Team September 7, 2017 at 10:20 am

Hi Susan–If you contact help@ixl.com, we’d be happy to look into this for you!

Ruth September 6, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Is there an individual report to print for parents regarding student progress?

The IXL Team September 7, 2017 at 10:20 am

Hi Ruth–The Progress and Improvement report displays the time a student spent practicing a skill, the number of questions answered, and score improvement. You may also want to share Student Details with parents, which provides a snapshot of practice history and shows the exact questions a student encountered. If you contact support@ixl.com, we’d be happy to walk you through IXL Analytics so you can learn more about each report!

Brenda Monsour September 7, 2017 at 11:53 am

I have the 4 different classes each on a different grade level. How can I recommend different skill for a different class?

The IXL Team September 7, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Hi Brenda–We currently don’t have a way to suggest different skills to multiple classes. At this time our Suggested Skills feature will highlight skills for your entire roster, but we’ll let our development team know you’d like to assign skills at the class level. If you have any other questions about how to assign skills to your students, you can chat with us at support@ixl.com.

Cathy September 7, 2017 at 3:06 pm

I love the new diagnostic feature, but I can’t find a correlation chart that tells me what the average levels are for each grade on the concepts. Does such a thing exist? The only thing I can find is that 500 means a 5th grade level. But what about the students who fall between 430-630? What level would we correlate to that score? I’m looking to use ixl as more of a diagnostic measure but can’t interpret the results in a way that can be correlated to a grade level (which is what many parents want when the student has an IEP). Any chance you could send me information on this? Thanks!

The IXL Team September 7, 2017 at 3:25 pm

Hi Cathy–Great question! Yes, a level of 500 indicates readiness to work on fifth grade level skills, but all student levels appear as a range until the Diagnostic gathers enough information to pinpoint a student’s level. Once that happens, the student’s level will appear as a single number rather than a range. If a student’s level appears as a range of 430-630, they can continue practicing within the Diagnostic to get a more accurate interpretation of their level. We’re glad you’re enjoying the Diagnostic and we’d be happy to chat if you have any other questions about how it works or how to interpret its results–just contact us at support@ixl.com.

Curtis September 8, 2017 at 7:55 am

I like ixl because it gives me something to do.

Jasmina September 20, 2017 at 7:27 pm

I am a student who uses IXL and I love learning and all but please add some new fun features like designing your character and completing skills to get points and buying stuff for your character by redeeming points you earned.
So I love IXL but sometimes I don’t want to do it because it is a little boring sometimes so please add some new features. Thanks, Jasmina

The IXL Team September 21, 2017 at 10:09 am

Hi Jasmina–Thanks for writing! We’re glad to hear you love IXL and we’ll pass your thoughts along to our development team.