Fun Student Resource: The IXL Scavenger Hunt

January 16, 2018

In the Classroom, For Admins

Looking for a fun way to familiarize students with everything IXL has to offer? We have a new printable resource that will take them on an IXL scavenger hunt to learn the ins and outs of their Recommendations wall, the Continuous Diagnostic, and more!

The Inspiration tab is home to lots of printables that can enhance your students’ IXL experience. You’ll find username and password cards, customizable certificates, parent handouts, and much more. The latest addition to this resources roundup? The IXL Scavenger Hunt!

This PDF can be downloaded, printed, and distributed to students, who will follow clues to navigate IXL and uncover all the learning that’s at their fingertips. The IXL Scavenger Hunt will even help students learn how to set personal practice goals, which will come in handy as they continue to work on IXL skills and master concepts!

Ready to try out the IXL Scavenger Hunt with your class? Find the PDF (as well as other printables) here.

Mannuel January 26, 2018 at 8:53 am

OK, So I am a 13-year-old student currently attending middle school. Your program is amazing but when you get a question incorrect, it drops you down way too many points. I was at an 89 and I got the question incorrect, and it dropped me down about 34 points. It would be much fairer if it dropped maybe 6 or 7 points. Thanks!

The IXL Team January 26, 2018 at 10:09 am

Hi Manuel–Thanks for writing to us! When you reach a score of 89, you’re almost in the Challenge Zone! This is the final stretch to skill mastery, so it’s especially important to answer questions both correctly and consistently. At this point, the SmartScore may drop down by more than one point at a time so that you have more time to practice and make sure you really understand the material. We know reaching a score of 100 can be challenging but we’ve designed the SmartScore in such a way that it’s always possible!

Rathi January 31, 2018 at 7:17 am

Maybe you should make a lesson about only noun and pronouns without anything else and it should. Thanks!

The IXL Team January 31, 2018 at 11:29 am

Hi Rathi–We have many skills related to nouns and pronouns on IXL.com! You can use the search bar at the top of the page to find them across all grade levels. If you have any questions, we’d be happy to help–just contact us at support@ixl.com.

Mary Rose February 1, 2018 at 5:57 pm

hi The IXL Team Can you make a Valentine’s Day blog? Its February

The IXL Team February 2, 2018 at 9:46 am

Hi Mary Rose–Here’s a favorite blog post from a previous Valentine’s Day: https://blog.ixl.com/2015/02/12/kids-tell-us-what-love-means/

Makennah February 2, 2018 at 9:26 am

Could you maybe make some of the 6 grade skills like pronouns in ela just pronouns nothing else thanks.

The IXL Team February 2, 2018 at 9:45 am

Hi Makennah–If you use the search bar at the top of IXL.com, you’ll see all skills relating to pronouns throughout all grade levels. You can try pronoun skills in another grade for a bit of review and later challenge yourself to other pronoun skills.

Mehreen February 5, 2018 at 4:10 pm

I do not get the project or scavenger hunt!?!

The IXL Team February 6, 2018 at 9:49 am

Hi Mehreen–Do you need help finding the scavenger hunt printable? You can follow the link in the blog post above or go here: https://www.ixl.com/inspiration/printable-resources#scavenger-hunt

Brenda February 10, 2018 at 10:47 pm

Hi IXL,

My children enjoy using your programs. Are there materials available to be used offline as not many people have access to internet? I’m prepared to pay some money let’s say for kindy to maybe year 3 for starters..

The IXL Team February 12, 2018 at 1:32 pm

Hi Brenda–We’re glad your children are enjoying IXL! Because IXL offers online practice that adapts to each student, there are no offline materials available. Instead, your child can practice all of our skills an unlimited number of times and questions are always personalized so that they’re the perfect level of difficulty. Online practice also allows us to offer IXL Analytics so that parents can stay in the loop on how their children are doing. If you’d like to chat further about this, we’d be happy to help! Just contact us at support@ixl.com.

Elsa April 13, 2018 at 9:58 pm

I did a lot of math, now I want to do language art but I can not do it, the only thing that show is “your reach your time limit ask your teacher” my teacher told me to practice all the courses (language art, math, science and more) I am a member. What should I do. I want to practice this weekend and not way until Monday

The IXL Team April 16, 2018 at 9:49 am

Hi Elsa–Make sure you’re signed in! (If you’re not signed in to your IXL account, you will reach a daily practice limit after 10 questions.) If you’re still having trouble, let your teacher know so they can contact our Tech Support team.

Holly June 8, 2018 at 1:44 pm

Hi Ixl!
This is Holly, a 13-year-old girl.
I know that you are trying to challenge us in learning, but smart score drops down way too many points. It does not help the learning process, it just makes it boring and annoying. I try hard, and success motivates me. Thanks for all you do but some small changes could make a big difference!!!

The IXL Team June 8, 2018 at 4:56 pm

Hi Holly — thanks for your feedback! If you answer a question incorrectly and your SmartScore decreases, it’s so you can solidify your knowledge of the concept. We know reaching a score of 100 can be tricky, but we’ve designed the SmartScore so that it’s always possible! And keep in mind that while a SmartScore of 100 represents mastery, 90 is excellent and 80 is very good.