Find the Perfect Skills with IXL Skill Plans!

June 19, 2019

At Home, In the Classroom, IXL Insights

Here’s a big win for lesson planning! We recently released skill plans that make it even easier to reinforce your textbook lessons and prepare students for assessments. Read on to find the perfect skills for students to work on!

Available for math and language arts, our new skill plans are designed to support your learning objectives!

Skill plans for 30+ popular textbook series

Looking for an easy way to enhance your textbook? Our textbook skill plans show you the IXL skills that align to each chapter! When you want to make sure your students have the hang of a textbook concept, these skill plans are a great guide for targeted individual practice, small group work, or whole class instruction.

Test prep skill plans

IXL has your assessment goals covered with test prep skill plans for the ACT and NWEA MAP Growth. Use these skill plans to point students to the exact skills they need to excel on high-stakes tests. It’s test prep made simple!

We’ve also made it easy for teachers to keep track of skill plan progress. You can suggest skills for your class right from the skill plan pages and click the report icon to go directly to the Skill Analysis report for each skill.

Read to dive into these skill plans?

Find math skill plans here.

Find ELA skill plans here.

Ana July 31, 2019 at 3:58 pm

Hello, I don’t see Texas Go Math! Textbook for 7th and 8th grade. Thank you!

The IXL Team August 1, 2019 at 2:20 pm

Thanks, Ana — We’re currently working on building out Skill Plans for these textbooks! Stay tuned!

Toni Pruitt August 12, 2019 at 4:50 pm

Hi, I don’t see Ready Reading either for 4th ELA. Any chance that could be added? Thanks!!

The IXL Team August 13, 2019 at 9:48 am

Thanks, Toni — We’ll let our team know that you’re interested in seeing Skill Plans for this textbook!

Will Adams July 31, 2019 at 6:01 pm

I was thrilled with how IXL helped my math students practice their skills last year. My 60 5th grade math students combined to answer 245,000 questions (I have the certificate to prove it.) I’m looking forward to another great year using the IXL site.

The IXL Team August 1, 2019 at 2:13 pm

Hi Will — We’re so glad to hear it! Keep up the great work!

Maritza Suarez August 1, 2019 at 6:05 am

I’d also like the ability to see, in summary fashion, the Diagnostic score(s) of my students at various points in time. So, a report that shows me what their initial Diagnostic score/level was, and then another column showing me their current score/level (some weeks or months later). Teachers have been requesting this since you instituted the diagnostic in 2017.

The IXL Team August 1, 2019 at 2:13 pm

Hi Maritza — The Progress and Growth report in IXL Analytics includes this information! On the right-hand side, you’ll see each student’s initial Diagnostic score as well as their current level. See it here: https://www.ixl.com/analytics/progress-and-growth

Camela Ingram August 1, 2019 at 9:15 am

Is there a test prep skills plan for Language Arts for NWEA MAP?

The IXL Team August 1, 2019 at 2:12 pm

Hi Camela — Our NWEA MAP skill plans are currently focused on math. We’ll let our team know that you’re interested in seeing Language Arts skill plans for NWEA MAP, as well!

Toni Pruitt August 12, 2019 at 4:49 pm

Yes, Please hook us up with NWEA MAP skill plans for ELA!!

Lester Walker August 1, 2019 at 11:44 am

Sounds like something that I can use.