At IXL, we strive to keep our personalized learning platform in line and up to date with students’ evolving needs. Each month, we compile a list of our top new features to help you—as a learner, educator, or parent—get the most out of IXL.
Read on for a roundup of recent releases, including new textbook skill plans, checkpoint skills, and Spanish-language support for key math skills.
New math and ELA textbook skill plans
We’ve added new math and English-language arts skill plans that include new content specifically tailored to widely-used textbooks!
- Math in Focus 2020 (grades 1, 2, 3, and 5)
- enVision Mathematics Common Core 2021 (grades 6 and 8, and Algebra 2)
- Pearson Common Core Algebra 2
- Illustrative Math Algebra 2
- Big Ideas Math Oklahoma (Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2)
- Big Ideas Math Texas (Geometry and Algebra 2)
- Big Ideas Math Integrated (Math 1, Math 2, and Math 3)
We’ve also updated 4 additional skill plans:
- Sadlier Math Kindergarten
- Math Expressions grade 2 and grade 3
- enVision Mathematics 2.0 Texas grade 4
You can see our full list of math skill plans here.
- Units of Study Writing (grades 1-3)
- Units of Study Reading (grades 1-3)
- Studysync (grades 6 and 9-12)
- Wonders 2020 Grade 2
- MyPerspectives Common Core (grades 6 and 7)
- Pearson Common Core Literature Grade 11
- Journeys Kindergarten
- TEKS Resource System (grades 3-6)
You can see our full list of ELA skill plans here.
More checkpoint skills added
We’ve added 6 new math checkpoint skills that cover volume, interpreting linear functions, relating cross sections to solids of revolution, and more. IXL’s checkpoint skills are built specifically to align with the rigor of state assessments and educators use them as a powerful tool to address standards readiness. Check out one of the new skills here.
Spanish support for math skills extended
We’ve added Spanish-language support for more key math skills in grades 3-5 that cover topics such as multiplication, area, and representing word problems with equations. On-demand Spanish translation on IXL allows English Language Learners (ELLs) to view and hear math questions in their native language while simultaneously making strides in English proficiency!