At IXL, we strive to keep our personalized learning platform in line and up to date with students’ evolving needs. Each month, we compile a list of our top new features to help you—as a learner, educator, or parent—get the most out of IXL.
Read on for a roundup of recent releases, including additional Spanish-language support, new pages full of state-specific resources and information, and updates to the curriculum.
Spanish support for math skills in grades 1-6
IXL has extended Spanish-language support for math to 1st and 2nd grade. In addition, we’ve added more skills in grades 3-6 covering fraction models and word problems, area, and more!
New resources focused on every state, RTI, assessments, and blended learning
Check out our new resources highlighting how IXL helps schools and districts meet a variety of needs, and pages showcasing state-specific resources and information:
- Response to Intervention: See how IXL’s targeted analytics and personalized guidance can fit into your tiered intervention programs and help students succeed.
- Assessments: Learn how resources, like skill plans and IXL Analytics, can prepare students for high-stakes standardized tests.
- Blended learning: Read about the IXL resources that support meaningful learning for every student, whether a district is implementing a station rotation, lab rotation, flex, or flipped model.
- State landing pages: Explore the many ways we support state-specific needs. Dive into case studies, IXL research, learn about how IXL supports their state standards, and more. Navigate to the page for your state here.
New math textbook skill plans
We’ve added these math textbook skill plans:
- enVision Mathematics 2020 Grades 1-3
- Into Math Grade 4
- CPM Core Connections Grade 6
- Go Math Texas Grade 7
- Big Ideas Math Virginia 2019 edition (Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2)
- SpringBoard Math Algebra 2
We’ve also done an extensive update of the enVision Math 2.0 Grades 1-3 skill plans and completed the remaining chapters for the Illustrative Mathematics Geometry skill plan! View all of IXL’s math textbook skill plans here.
New ELA skill plans
We have added the following ELA textbook skill plans:
- Reading Street Grade 6
- Wonders 2020 Grade K, 1, and 6
- Springboard Grade 7 and 8
- Benchmark Advance Grade 3
- SpringBoard ELA Grade 6 and 10
- Journeys Grade 1 and 2
- Engage NY Grade 1
- myView Grade K
With these additions, we now offer complete coverage of Journeys, Reading Street, and Wonders 2020! View all of IXL’s ELA textbook skill plans here.
New state standards and test prep skill plans
- NY Regents: We’ve added a new ELA test prep skill plan for the New York Regents Exams, a high school graduation requirement in New York. Check out the new skill plan here.
- Alabama Critical Standards: We added new Math and ELA test prep skill plans for Alabama’s critical standards! These plans focus on the standards Alabama has identified as most crucial to learn in each gradeSee one of the skill plans here.
Illinois Priority Learning Standards: We’ve created new math and ELA skill plans for the Illinois Priority Learning Standards! These standards are designed to help teachers address learning gaps resulting from the pandemic. Our skill plans will also help users prepare for the Illinois Assessment of Readiness exams. See one of the new plans here.